Honda Motorcycle VIN Check
Honda Motorcycle VIN where to find it.
Your Honda Motorcycle VIN is usually located on a plate or stamped on the head stem of the motorcycle. It may not be immediately apparent at first glance. Try turning the handlebars all the way to the left or right, this should make the VIN plate more visible. The standard location in on the right hand side.
All modern Honda VIN are in the international standard and are 17 characters long.
The photograph on the right shows one of the locations for the VIN on a Honda CBR.
What does it mean?
The first nine characters of a Honda Motorcycle VIN are dependent on the model of the Motorcycle. There is a checksum character to ensure the first are correct. The final numbers form a unique serial number for an individual bike.
In the case of a Honda Motorcycle VIN the first three letters can be interpreted as below:
- JH2 – Honda Motorcycle – Made in Japan
- 1HF – Honda Motorcycle – Made in USA
- 3H1 – Honda Motorcycle – Made in Mexico
- 9C2 – Honda Motorcycle – Made in Brazil
- JH3 – Honda ATV – Made in Japan
- 478 – Honda ATV – Made in USA
- YC1 – Honda Motorcycle – Made in Belgium
- ZDC – Honda Motorcycle – Made in Italy
- VTM – Honda Motorcycle – Made in Spain
Honda Motorcycle VIN Decoder
If you would like some more detail on your Honda Motorcycle then simply enter your VIN below for a free summary of the information stored in the VIN with access to full VIN check reports if required: